Vitiligo is a chronic skin disorder because of absence of melanin cells in skin. The symptom of disease includes white patches on skin. Due to vitiligo, skin mucous membrane, retina of eye and hairs are affected. Vitiligo mentally destroys a patient, as he starts considering himself inferior from others. There is no cure of vitiligo. The treatments that are invented are only helpful in the reproduction of pigmentary substance in skin. Many people believe in natural remedies to get cure from the disease. Some natural home based remedies to get cure or recovery from vitiligo are given below:
• Acquire Psoralea Corylifolia seeds; soak them in the ginger juice for almost 2 to 3
days. After 3 days get the seeds out from the juice, dry them and make a powder.
Daily drink a cup of milk along with one gram powder. It will surely helps in the
reproduction of melanin cells in skin.
• Paste of Psoralea corylifolia seeds, barberry roots, black cumin, and coconut oil is also
one of the most popular home remedy for the disease. Anti vitiligo oil is a vitiligo
remedy, that are consist with all these ingredients, is an essential oil that is used as
massage, nourishes the skin cells & tissues in a way that they start producing melanin
cells in skin.
• A combination of grinded duckweed with honey is also a successful Vitiligo home
• Obtain an amalgamation of calendula flowers, chamomile flowers, St John’s wort and
oregano, for 10 to 15 min boil this flowers in water, and daily drink some water as it
helps in cure of vitiligo.
• Usage of ginger juice as a drink is very effective for vitiligo patients.
• It is said that usage of red clay is gives positive results and give helps to cure vitiligo.
• Drink of juice extracted from papaya fruit are the simplest Vitiligo natural remedy.
• Paste of Sesame seeds and turmeric is also generates positive results to treat vitiligo.
• Take reddish seeds, grand it and mix it with vinegar, daily apply the mixture on white
• Make a paste of Indian Gooseberry and Catechu or Black Cutch along with some
honey; daily apply it on white patches. It is a good home based remedy to treat
• Sensitive skin people should apply herbal sun creams that have a sun protection
factor, SPF to their depigmented affected area on daily basis.
• Turmeric and mustard oil is also used in the treatment of vitiligo, skin disease. You just
have to take 500 gm of turmeric and soaked it water at night. Next day, boil it with
some water, then strained it, and apply the mixture of oil on vitiligo patches for two to
three months. It will help in the prevention of vitiligo.
• A study was conducted at the Department of Dermatology of the University of
Alabama Birmingham Medical Center and it is found that supplementation with folic
acid, vitamin B12, and vitamin C is very helpful to treat vitiligo.
• Take 50 gm of fresh or dry red geranium plant and boil it for 3 hours. Strain it and with
that water take a bath for 15 to 20 min before you going to bed.
All natural remedies mentioned above gives positive results to vitiligo patients, but in many circumstances it may be not suitable for many people. So it is advised that do not forget to consult with any vitiligo specialist / surgeon.